I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Finding Peace Amidst The Chaos

Interestingly, people who manifest peace internally are not different from us; they have chattering thoughts and troubled emotions like we all do. The difference is that they do not lend their energy to them, so those thoughts and feelings can simply rise and fall like the waves of the ocean without disturbing the deeper waters of peacefulness within.   –Daily OM

So it’s been a few weeks since I’ve written, but I’m not gone.  Just taken a little holiday hiatus.  But things are good.  Actually, they’re still pretty messed up:  One kid has mono, both kids have been caught doing things they weren’t supposed to within the last few weeks, my wasband’s dating life is still impacting us all, some close friends and family members have been going through very dramatic life challenges and I’ve been traveling too much.  But besides that, it’s all good.

Actually, I really am good right now.  I got this quote above from one of my Daily Om postings.  Some of them are way out there but sometimes they are just perfect—as this one was.  I was reminded that peace is not something you wait for or you hope comes to you.  It is something you always have inside of you if you are just willing to stop the chaos in your head and find it. 

Believe me, with all the chaos going on in my life, I’ve done a lot of practicing of how to get involved in it, caught up in it and bothered by it.  But, guess what—that doesn’t change one single thing.  It is all there—it is just making me crazier.  By not lending my energy to it, I find that silver thread in the middle of all the gray threads (hard to find, but when you do find it you realize how much it glitters) and you hold onto that.  That silver thread is peace and happiness.  No one else gives it to me and I don’t find it at the end of a journey.  It is always there for me to access whenever I want it. 

We’ll all come out of this alright and we’ll go through this the way we’re supposed to go through it.  In the meantime, I’m just breathing and finding my peace.  The silver thread amidst the braid.  Ahhhh…..

1 comment:

  1. I know you love the braid of ribbons or threads, even if it's so chaotic that the beauty is not immediately visible. I stole a quote from this for twitter. Thank you.

    "Peace is not something you wait for or you home comes to you. It is something you always have inside of you."

    ReplyDelete