I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Little Breathing Room.

Sometimes what's needed most is a little breathing room.  --Sage Cohen

I get different daily affirmations sent to my e-mail every morning.  Some of them are totally worthless, but I'll deal with them in order to every once in a awhile get the message that I need to hear that day.  Sometimes I need to hear it because it helps remind me of what I need and sometimes it helps me see things from a new perspective.  Sometimes, it just helps me get an AHA!  And I'm a girl who loves the Aha moments!  They make me feel like I'm actually learning, progressing, improving.  (Don't get me started on how I often need those aha moments over and over again--just let me think that there is forward movement, please). 

Last week, I got a message about Breathing Room.  The message that it was saying was basically that sometimes we just need a little breathing room--some time to step back, give ourselves some space and just to reflect and breathe.  But my Aha! was different.  I got to see that right now WAS my breathing room in some senses.  It is the time AFTER the great chaos (again, please send energy that chaos is done).  But it is the time BEFORE the next chapter or relationship.  Right now, I see this time as a time of upheaval and settling in.  But in several years, I'll be able to look back and I bet I'll see this as the "time between."  The time that I got to connect with the kids, that I got to work on myself, and the time that I could breathe after what happened, but before the (hopefully wonderful) next stage. 

Who knows whether that will be true, but it feels good to re-frame what is happening now as just that space between.

No comments:

Post a Comment