I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Monday, April 30, 2012

How Does Christine Have 1500 Followers?

It’s a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand.  --Madeleine L’Engle, 1918 – 2007

I've had a wonderful weekend with my friend Candy.  She has indulged me as I've taken her to all the important places in my life.  My sacred beach, my friends' back yard, my church, my work, my home.  We've shared stories and I've seen how far we've come (and yes, how far I have yet to go).  I've decided it's a great exercise to find an old friend and recap your last two decades as a spiritual practice to see the big picture. 

Some of you may be finding this blog for the first time.  I was watching The Big C (an awesome show on Showtime with Laura Linney--HIGHLY recommend) and the husband character was starting a blog and was using Twitter to get viewers.  I thought that was a perfect idea for me. 

I have over 1500 followers on Twitter.  Which is minor for a celebrity, but a HUGE number for me.  But the story of how I got all those followers is hilarious.  I was an early adopter to Twitter (haven't I been for almost everything?) and we came upon the time when Ashton Kutcher was in competition with Ted Turner to see who could get to a million followers first.  Well, I was following Ashton like the other million people.  But, for some reason, Ashton decided to follow ME.  When I first saw his name, I thought it was a joke.  But immediately, I started getting hundreds of new followers.  See people were going onto Ashton's profile and seeing who he followed and started following them.  So I went from 4 followers to 400 in just 3 days.  I'm now up to 1500. 

So for those of you who are just starting to follow my blog--here's what you need to know:
  • I'm starting over--after a divorce and into more solo parenting, dating, exploring, etc.
  • When I start to date (which isn't yet) I may be into women or men--I don't know yet and if that's an issue for you, you may want to leave now.  I don't want to come out later--I'm already there.
  • I'm working on living with integrity and honesty, aided by deep intraspection and hopefully a modicum of humor. 
I hope you'll join me for the ride and chime in with your own thoughts (kind ones only, please) as we explore Project Christine 2.0 (already in progress). 

3 comments:

  1. Are you still on twitter? I don't even remember what your name is there. Post it here so I can remember. I do think it's good place to promote your writing. You might find some new/old friends stopping by to say hello... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an early person on Twitter, so I got the easy name. I'm @chaskins.

      Delete