I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Freedom of Possibility

The moment when first you wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that…absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not one jot. The possibility is always there.  --Monica Baldwin, 1893 – 1975

I have to admit, that I don't normally wake up in the morning awash with the joy and excitement of the day.  I personally think that the only people who do that are in fabric detergent or sleeping medication commercials.  Somedays I just want to lay in bed and read my book rather than get up.  Sometimes I'm in a hurry to get up.  But I'm not usually excited.  But I do admit that there is something fresh, hopeful and promising about a new day. 

Today was a new day in a literal and figurative way.  Our family has been through some more stressful adventures the last few weeks and we got really good news yesterday.  And today it was refreshing to wake up without the shadow of the events hanging over us.  We woke up with the knowledge that our day was our own to make what we could with it instead of it belonging to anyone else.  Of course, every day is like that, but today felt more like it than usual.

So we did make what we could with it.  I got through my work as quickly as I could and we alll headed out to the beach.  Kyle with friends to Cocoa Beach and Eric and I (with one of Eric's friends) to New Smyrna Beach.  The waves literally washed us fresh and we laughed and dreamed and relaxed. 

The boys and I head to Jamaica with my Mom and sister's family on Thursday morning.  Those mornings are going to be delicious.  I am going to wake with few plans and lots of possibilities.  Anything could happen.  I'm counting on three things:  kids having fun, sitting on a beach chair drinking fruity drinks with umbrellas and enjoying the sun and books.  Anything beyond that is a delicious possibility.

1 comment:

  1. Delicious Possibility - I want you to inscribe that over your door.

    ReplyDelete