I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Photos of the Pixie Dust Exhaust


I'm still enjoying the exhaust of pixie dust. Along the course, I took 83 pictures (yes--I actually did run too!). I want to keep them here to save them for me, but you may enjoy seeing them too. If nothing else, you can see just what an amazing event Disney puts on and the 20,000 people who enjoyed it with me. Race? What race? The miles went fast because there was so much going on. Enjoy the virtual half-marathon--without the soreness!

I woke at 2:30, on the road at 3,
in the holding area at 4 and here
in the "corrals" at 5 for a 6:09 start.
After hearing about all the costumes,
I added a light-up tiara and a princess
temporary tattoo.
At the starting line, the Fairy Godmother sent
us off with a magic chant "alakazam..." and fireworks
for every single group!
There was SOMETHING about every third of a mile. Here,
all the Disney princes were there to greet the running Princesses.
In many of these shots, you'll see other people posing. That's because
the line for photos was about 10-20 people long (and I wasn't confident
that I could take that much time off my run). But it is fun to see the types
of people and their costumes!
Me at the entrace of Magic Kingdom. Yes, the sun is barely coming up.
My favorite group of characters--the villians. They looked a little too glad to see us--
they must have known exactly how much further we had to go!
They had volunteers there to take pictures of us at
the different milestones. It was a BLAST to run through
the Magic Kingdom. The easiest two miles of my
running life!

There were these signs at each mile. I took a picture of EVERY one (that's what I'm blaming my slow time on). But this one was significant because the majority of my runs had only been six miles. Six was the level I was comfortable with--what comes after six I considered scary territory.



This was one of the surreal moments--During the hour before the
race, they interviewed all kinds of celebrities on the big screen,
including three beauty pageant winners, including Miss USA.
I saw them in Magic Kingdom and asked for a picture
because I thought it was funny and ironic.


At this stop, there were "princes" asking for our hands
in marriage. Given my current marital status
(and lack of a line), I couldn't pass up the
chance to have fun with them.
They ended up fighting over me and trying
to get me to accept their silver studded sneaker!

As the race went on, I needed more breaks
and the lines were longer--perfect solution!
Yeah, she's looking sexy. Me, not so much.

I'm still smiling!

This is in honor of my kids.
One of my favorite Mother's Day gifts
was a Mrs. Incredible Disney Pin.
I was wasn't feeling very stretchy at this point
but I did feel pretty incredible.

I LOVED her! She was there by the entrance of Epcot.
I think it delighted her to see how much see delighted us!
She got a hug from me for that!

Inside Epcot--only 2 miles to go, but none of the characters had anyone there?
Did everyone lose their sense of whimsy? Chip and Dale--Chip is the one with the
brown nose--like a Chocolate Chip (yes, I'm a Disney geek!)

She was at the last mile and had a mike on her.
Not a Disney princess (because they don't talk),
but she was cheering us on by name and making funny comments.

Look! Up there! It's the finish line!

I was distracted at the finish line because this man proposed
just as I was crossing. He asked her to be his "forever princess."
I caught them hugging steps after I crossed the line. Very sweet.

3 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring. I think I would be a great stranger at the gate. I could do a half marathon that way, as a cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several comments:
    1.) You are amazing.
    2.) The fact that there was no line for the Princes Charming says something significant, I think.
    3.) I LOVE the lady with the sign for complete strangers! What a beautiful thing to do!
    4.) You are amazing. (it was worth repeating)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these and for being the inspiration that you are... In my house, every time something goes in, domething must go out... that way we never get too much stuff... on your bucket list, maybe every time something comes off the list, something new goes on... got any more great new goals?? :)

    ReplyDelete