I'm a woman in transition: from being married to being single; from trying to appear perfect to trying to be vulnerable and authentic. Basically, I'm trying to love myself for who I am--for my imperfections AND my awesomeness.

I've always loved quotes and poems. They ground me and give me a topic on which to reflect. In this blog, I'll share a quote that has touched me that day and then what comes to mind when I think and feel about it.

These are my reflections as I go on my journey. As I open myself up to share them with you, I hope that they'll impact you as well and you'll share your reflections with me.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Comments Please

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What? You too? I thought I was the only one."  --C.S. Lewis

So I know that some of you are reading this.  I see it on my page view counts.  And I'm enjoying doing this and I hope to continue.  But it would enhance the process greatly if we made this more than just a one way conversation.  Now, I'm a lurker on many a blog.  I didn't understand the power of comments until I had this.  So here is my personal appeal for you to comment on my blog--my own Top 10 list, if you will:

  1. Some of you have said "I want to comment but I don't want to be the only one."  So if you all do it, you won't be the only one.
  2. I have some really interesting people reading this.  You'll benefit from hearing each others' perspectives.  I promise.
  3. I am vulnerably asking for  your feedback so I don't feel out in the desert here.
  4. I love hearing people's stories and I learn so much from your thoughts and perspectives.
  5. I need practice with conflict--if you disagree with me here, I can practice :)
  6. Consider it just like Facebook, just longer.  And so many people comment on my Facebook posts--even if it is about mundane stuff.
  7. You can feel smart when you say "we were having a discussion on Christine's blog..."
  8. You may trigger your own writing impulse.  Who knows, this could be the start of your own creative expression!
  9. You know you're thinking the responses.  Just write 'em down...
  10. You get tired of hearing just my own voice--wouldn't it be nice to intersperse it with other people's voices as well?
If you come up with more reasons, you can list them in the comments section (see, now I'm just begging).

Please also feel free to tell others about my blog--people who know me or who don't.  It's truly open to everyone except my co-workers and people to whom I was previously married.  :)

1 comment: